Thursday, September 11, 2008

Belgium Open done!!




I am back from Belgium. Was not particularly a great outing as I lost in the quarters to Dieter Domke from Germany. But wasn't too bad either. Lots to learn though. In my blogs here I will not write too much about my wins or loss, maybe wins but definitely nothing much about losing.I will try to write about some funny incidents, or views about something...things like that, you know.



My base is Saarbrucken in Germany and I have a small room at the National training centre here. It has an attached bath with kitchen. So the plan is, I participate in the Bundesliga matches here and train with the German team. And then I will also participate in lots of what we call 'EBU 's' ( European Badminton Union) tournaments.



By playing International tournament my world Ranking will improve and since I have a place of my own in Europe it helps. Meaning, the burden monetarily or travel wise is less.



Basically almost all European countries have thier open tournaments and the following months we have Bitburger Open in Saarbrucken, Germany., Dutch Open in Almere, Holland., Danish Open in Odense, Denmark and French open in Paris, France. I will participate in these.



I am enjoying my stay here. team members are nice and I am looking forward for some Bundesliga which will happen in the coming weekend. We travel to Hamburg by road ( 6 hrs on the autobahn) and play them at thier home. It should be fun.

No comments: